Ok, so I used to hate eating cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving. My family always used the canned stuff and can I say gross? So for all of you who feel the same you have got to try homemade cranberry sauce. You will be singing its praises and gobble it up. Also it is not just for thanksgiving anymore, use it thru out the year and this make ahead recipe allows you to keep a jar on hand for whenever you want that tangy sweet taste.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated orange zest
- Combine ingredients in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- when the cranberries cook they will start to pop. continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes when you no longer hear the cranberries popping and the sauce is thickening.
- cool, then refrigerate, if desired to store or serve warm right away. As it cools, it will thicken more.
- If you prefer sweeter sauce, add more honey to taste.