Ok you may find this funny cuz I sure do. One thing about being a parent is sometimes you get to kid your kids and giggle to yourself a bit. When my kids were young, I used to make this easy Minty Grasshopper pie and when my kids asked if it was really made out of grasshoppers I told them yes. They believed that for years and even funnier is they never did not say they were going to eat it or yuck! lol Kids are truly funny sometimes. Anyway if you want to try this out and maybe even pull one over on your little kiddos tell them yes it is made out of grasshoppers.
Minty Grasshopper Pie – approx prep time is 10 minutes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can of condensed mild
- Green food coloring
- 16 Keebler Grasshopper fudge mint cookies, coarsley crushed
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 oz.) Ready made chocolate pie crust
mix chease until fluffly, gradually add in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
stir in food colloring, then crushed cookies, fold in whipped topping.
pour into crust and chill at least 3 hours. chocolate shavings on top is a nice garnishing touch
Enjoy this great summer treat. Easy and fun.