I love love love my crock pot. The easiest way to cook and when you walk thru the door at the end of your day and smell the yummy dinner that has been cooked while you are away, can you say smile! Almost like having your very own chef. Ok maybe not because you do have to put it all together, but coming home to a fresh cooked hot meal instead of having to come home and then cook make me happy. So in light of the holiday season and parties- oh my, here is a very delicious, just a bit on the bad side recipe for a yummy dip that will put a smile on everyones face.
Mac n cheese chili dip. Oh yes, I did say that. Two amazing meals, pulled together into one amazing dip. So get those chips or crudites or better yet, some toasted bread and get dipping.
Mac n cheese chili dip
- 1 15-oz. can chili con carne
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup lager beer
- A couple or three dashes hot sauce
- 12 oz. Macaroni
- sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In crock pot, combine chili, onion, cheese, cream cheese, beer, and hot sauce, cover, heat on high, 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a large pot. Season generously with salt and add macaroni. Cook until al dente, drain.
- When ready to serve dip, add macaroni and stir.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
For a slower version place all ingredients into crock pot including macaroni and cook on low up to 3 hours, check macaroni for tenderness and serve.